While not widely known by the general public, Skinner has made significant contributions to the architectural fabric of Trousdale Estates, and Coldwater Canyon where he lived for many years building his designs.
A north-facing hillside presents a special challenge. At the Spanner Residence (1968) mid-century master architect Rex Lotery, F.A.I.A. developed a solution in which light and space are gloriously one.
The Adelman Residence, 1956, designed by O'Neil Ford, FAIA (once noted as the best unknown architect in America) & U.S.C. architect Thornton Abell, FAIA.
First offering: The DeVault Residence, 1958, Herbert Kameon, AIA. The tenets of Organic Architecture as espoused by Wright and Harris are strictly adhered to in what is reputed to be Herbert Kameon’s first residential commission.
Welcome to the world of gracious living at The Somerset. This two-bedroom condominium enjoys excellent privacy, with treetop views of the quiet street below; all opens to a sunny western exposure.
First offering: the Donald and Helen Olsen House, 1954 - the architect’s own home! Listed on the prestigious National Register of Historic Places, and a City of Berkeley Historic Landmark, the Olson House presents a striking counterpoint to the more familiar Bay Area Modern Style.
A Rare 19th century Creole great house standing on 8-1/2 acres in St Lucia. This stately and gracious Island residence is set within a lush and vibrant park-like nature preserve overlooking Castries Harbor.
Los Angeles has a long and distinguished history of urban courtyard housing. Strangely, almost no such courtyards have been built in Los Angeles since the early 1930’s. In 2000, Elizabeth Moule and Stefanos Polyzoides, Architects and Urbanists, revived the tradition of courtyard housing at Harpe
Honored with the only solo exhibition of an architect's work at The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, Schindler is internationally recognized as one of the most important Southern California architects of the 20th Century.
First Offering! The Alexander House, 1951, by architect John Lautner, FAIA. With several distinct iterations, drawings of the Alexander House at the Getty Research Library attest to a strong dialog between the client and architect.