The Grande Dame of the Verdugo Woodland
Grande Dame of the Verdugo Woodlands - Restoration opportunity: The William Lindsey House, 1912, Alfred Priest, Architect. She is the first residence built in the Verdugo Woodlands tract, and at the time served as the cover girl for the development. While obviosly showing her age, she still appears as sturdy as a rock, and was recently recognized by historians for her "comparatively large lot, estate-like setting, generous setback, and overall sense of grandeur. " Sited on a largely flat 3/4+ acre site, the 5 bedroom, 4 bath residence retains significant historic fabric, such as hardwood oak floors, dramatic natural mahogany interior detailing, and original hardware. Later full size pool contributes to the estate ambience. Property eligible for inclusion in the Glendale Historic Register, and possible Mills Act tax savings.