Desert House

Palm Springs, CA
Sold
Sold

Scroll through images


Scroll through images

J. Smeaton Chase estimated in 1923 the total full-time population of Palm Springs to be less than 200 souls, including the native population. The early residents did not trouble themselves with records and the genesis of this particular desert oasis has been lost to us. Local rumor dates construction back to the mid-twenties. A 1932 Grant Deed and the cement brick construction (popular in the 30’s and 40’s because of its insulating qualities) would imply the principal hacienda portion was completed shortly thereafter. Desert House has evolved since then and today, with updating and restoration completed in 2011, the residence affords modern comfort and convenience while evoking the romance of early days on the desert. Walled and gated, the residence includes: 3 bedrooms, office, pitched beam living room with fireplace, fireplaces in the formal dining room and outdoor patio, an enviable kitchen, and a private entrance guest suite with a 4th bedroom, a bath and kitchenette. Ample grounds provide generous off street parking, patios, gardens, fire pit and pool.